It is the fact that no institution or department can work efficiently and optimally until and unless its superiors and managers directly take an active and avid interest in its proper administration. Obviously, Bacha Khan Medical & Dental College is no exception to this rule. We are indeed fortunate to have the supervision of the present principal & Project Director Bacha Khan Medical & dental College Mardan, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Israr, just such administrator. He is also an educationist and academician to the core and has taken upon his shoulders the daunting task of improving the Bacha Khan Medical and Dental College and bringing them up to par with the requirements and standard of modern day in this age of information technology.
Bacha Khan Medical & Dental College Library was established in November 2009, when the college started functioning. The college spends a lot of money on provision of latest medical books and journals. Therefore, a very well stocked, spacious and fully air conditioned library exists in the College. The collection includes over 8000 books, 500 CDs and 11 regularly subscribed Medical Journals.
In addition there are books on Islamic literature. Latest foreign editions of commonly used books’ are available in sufficient numbers; the reference section of the library is most up-to-date. Special collections included the medical books, a good number of books of General `Knowledge, Religion and Medical Journals.
There is a large student’s study area, where at a time 50 students can sit and study reference materials in the library. A separate enclave is provided for the teaching staff. It is run under the supervision of Principal of the college. The experience and hard working of Syed Muhammad Yousaf made this library very impressive.
Library Rules & Regulations:
|01||BKMC Library ID Card is must to avail library services. BKMC Library incharge will issue each student to their unique Library ID Card after complete scrutiny & processing of their submitted library membership forms.|
|02||Student must show and keep display their College ID Cards prominently during their stay in the library.|
|03||Any activity except reading/writing is strictly prohibited. Eatable and drinks are not allowed inside the library premises.|
|04||Members who behave in abusive, disorderly, disruptive, indecent, offensive, or unreasonable manner will be asked to leave the library. In case of non compliance disciplinary action will be taken and their library IDs will be blocked and they will be restricted to use library services for a limited time as a punishment.|
|05||Misuse of Laptops (other than educational activities) will be closely monitored by library staff.|
|06||Talking loudly or making noise is prohibited. Maintain complete silence during your stay in the library.|
|07||Group study, group discussion, group assignment is not allowed inside the library.|
|08||All library material must be returned back before leaving the library. Un-borrowed items taken beyond the library premises are considered stolen. Offenders are liable for suspension and stern disciplinary action.|
|09||Text books are limited in number and will be issued to students for 30 days only on first come first serve basis.|
|10||Non text books borrowing period is 90 days.|
|11||Reference Books and Journals/magazines will not be issued under any circumstances, but these can be issue interim basis only for photocopy purpose.|
|12||Re-issue or renewal of borrowed books cannot be claimed as a right. Priority would be given to those in waiting list, if any.|
|13||Reader must return or reissued all library material promptly. Readers should ensure the material is returned by the due date, otherwise penalty will be incurred and as a punishment library ID will be blocked for unlimited period.|
|14||If any library item is found damaged at the time of its issue, the borrower must immediately inform the library staff about it. Otherwise borrowers shall be responsible for any damage to the borrowed items. The library staff can ask the borrower to replace the damage item with the same item in excellent condition.|
|15||If any library item is lost, then the borrower must replace the same item with in a month time frame. If not found from local market then the double cost of the item will be charged.|
|16||Members must notify/update the Library Staff in case of any change in their postal or email addresses.|
All cases of misbehavior will be enquired into by the Disciplinary Committee. Violations of any of the above and the other rules are punishable.
BKMC library providing the following services to its user’s.
- Book Lending: All registered users are entitled to borrow books and other materials according to the BKMC Library Policy. Please inquire at the Circulation Desk for your eligibility. To borrow books, [please present your library – ID card at the Circulation Desk.
- Reference services
BKMC Library provides services of reference nature, which includes books, theses, reports,journals, encyclopedias, dictionaries, newspapers, magazines, atlases, yearbooks etc.
- Periodical’s section: This section is responsible for the procurement of journals, magazines and exchange of publications with national and international agencies and institutions
- Searching Assistance: In case an item is not located on the shelve, inquiry can be made at the Circulation Desk. A search will, then be initiated and the user will be informed, when the required item is found.
- Current awareness service’s
Monday to Saturday
7:30 A.M to 2:30 P.M
7:30 A.M to 12:30 P.M
The library is closed on all public holidays as per schedule released by BKMC Administration.
LIBRARY VISSION AND MISSION:
The Library will strive for excellence in support for the learning, teaching and research mission of the college by:
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users where and when they need it;
- Promoting creative and critical thinking through information literacy;
- Empowering users to locate, evaluate and use information available in a variety of innovative and traditional formats;
- Developing and maintaining collections in support of the academic pursuits of the college;
- Establishing itself as a leader in information management;
- Fostering a work-place culture where library staff are valued for their knowledge and contributions and are both forward-looking and responsible to the college needs in the rapidly changing information environment;
Bacha khan medical college is committed to excellence and innovation in undergraduate teaching, service, research and other scholarly activities. The Library supports this commitment by:
- Providing high-quality services that meet and exceed the expectations of a diverse user community;
- Using technology innovatively for the flexible delivery of services and resources to users regardless of location;
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources;
- Providing the physical facilities and the technical infrastructure that enhance the learning and research environment;
- Creating a climate where staff are approachable and users receive individual attention and a positive learning experience; and,
The library is committed to providing users with the tools required for independent critical thinking and life-long learning.
|Name||Dr. Jamil Anwar|
|Qualification||MBBS, MPH, M.Phil (Anatomy)|
|Name||Mr. S. M. Yousaf|
|Name||Mr. Muhammad Ijaz|